Thursday, March 22, 2007

Success

People say that losing weight is no walk in the park.
When I hear that I think, yeah, that's the problem.
~Chris Adams
In order to succeed one must be prepared. Today, a plastic bag was the key to my success.
Apparently, a small dog must poop on average, 6 times per day. At least that's Miss Chloes'
assumption. We walked today. Down, around and back up again. She is currently comatose
at my feet. She'll be asleep most of the day, until Allison gets back home. Oh to be a dog.
I'm feeling stronger every day. Less winded and less tired in the legs. It feels good. It feels like progress. I'm not sure I'll be ready for a full scale "M" hike on Monday, but I'll take it slow, stop and rest and catch my breath. I'll make it. It'll just take longer. Do you suppose that I'll ever reach an age where I finally realize that I should just keep going and not start over anymore?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do reach that age, will you let me know how far off I am? Cuz I want to be there.

Rode the bike 4 times this week but I didnt increase my time at all, it was all I could do to make it the normal time some days...I need to switch things up...I think tomorrow I'll put on a Barry DVD and see if that keeps my interest on the TV and off the groaning. Good on ya for the progress...and you're right, take it slow on the M and remember to KEEP BREATHING!

Anonymous said...

ummmmmm, did you fall off the wagon like I did? I didnt do very good last week, so I'm starting fresh again this morning...actually last night, but for real this morning.

I did the bike last night and because I hadn't done it in several days I felt it. I've hit a plateau I think. Got to 20 pounds gone and now I can't get beyond that. So today I'm increasing my water intake and really watching what I eat this week and staying on that damn bike whether it kills me or not.

What are you committed to do this week? I need my accountability buddy!