Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Up, and Down and Back Again

When you have worn out your shoes,
the strength of the shoe leather has passed into the fiber of your body.
I measure your health by the number of shoes and hats and clothes you have worn out.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Another day, another walk. Longer this time. Its cool out and a bit drizzly and quite nice for walking. We went down the hill, a couple blocks more and then back again. I had the thought yesterday that a few more days of this and I'll be ready to join Allison on the "M" hike next week. It'll be spring break. Easy morning routines and more time to do such things. Its a good plan. As I came back up the hill I saw a tree with pussy willows. I must remember to take my camera and capture spring, since it looks like its finally sprung.

No comments: