Friday, May 4, 2007

A Different Kind of Workout

When struck with inspiration, one must act swiftly, lest that moment pass. I was struck. I acted. And have spent the better part of this week (that 1.5 hours daily between the school bus stop and work) working on my scrap ROOM. I've moved furniture, cleared out the "under-the-stairs-closet", moved more furniture, built utility cart, cleared out the furnace room, hauled big black bags o'shit upstairs, vacuumed, cleaned and worked up a general sweat. So, not a lot of walking, but I dare say, I've put in my bit. I have half a room to go. Today is trash day. I have to leave the boys a little something for their efforts. Then, when round one of crap is gone, I'll work on round two. Isn't it weird how getting rid of junk has this freeing feeling? Its not even junk that you could see. You would never know it was there unless I showed you. But for me, it was this heavy weight around my neck. I still have junk. More than I care to think about...cover mouth, cough (garage). But this junk is outta here. So, I'll walk, but today I'm hauling and cleaning more. And feeling the burn and loving every minute of it. Shout out to Laura. You go girl. When you get here, maybe we'll give the hill a whirl. Or what about the "M"? No pressure. Oh, and we can do part of it. But you should see the view from up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the M. I'm not sure I'll be that ready! But we'll see. Go you on the room. But I'm telling ya right now, if you're doing any of this work cuz I'm coming, you better stop. I'm hoping and betting that the scrap room work is "you saw an opportunity and ran like a mad wind to make it happen" but I better not hear of any garage cleaning! Seriously do not do that to yourself. K? K.

Now, I hurt my other leg the other day (saturday) so I took yesterday off the bike and I think I'm taking today off too. And it's making me cranky. Maybe I'll just try a short program or something. The bad thing is that I've been eating like crap, craving fatty salty sweet things. I'm thinking of doing a fast of sorts doing only bland, boring nasty foods for a few days and really clearing off my palate. Is that a dumb idea?

OOooooooh! I also signed up for SparkPeople. Remember you mentioned that at the Muse awhile back? It's helpful although I've not begun to really utilize it as it should be. It's nice to know what I should be getting as far as calories, fat, carbs, etc.

Is it a sign of a big mouth when the comment is so long? lol