Monday, May 21, 2007

The Reward


Last Thursday Allison and I took a hike up to the "M". The hillside was full of wildflowers. When you go later into the summer you don't see much, but this time of year the reward is stunning. I hadn't hiked the "M" since last summer. I didn't know how I'd do. The trail zig zags up the side of Mounta Sentinal and there are 13 switchbacks. The first leg is always the one that kicks ass. It's the longest and steepest. I told Al that I was going to go painfully slow so that I wasn't a quivering puddle before switchback #2. It worked. Slow and steady really does win the race. It was perfect weather, not too hot and not too cool or windy. The only downside was we had to go straight to work and I was all loose and wobbly the rest of the day. Its almost like that feeling after you've had a massage. Not as enjoyable during, but the loose feeling is very much the same. Anyway, first hike is firmly under my belt and I'm ready to go again later this week. Hopefully we'll be able to do it weekly. That would be a huge benefit to my hind end.

No comments: