Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year 2007




Its January first and like all mankind I sit here and ponder the clean slate of 2007 that awaits me. I really don't subscribe to resolutions. I find them an invitation to failure. But there is one change that I will make to my life this year and that is the walk. I've been on the weightloss trail for most of my life and found the answer to my weighty woes; walking. Say that three times fast. For several years I walked a total of 4 miles daily with my friend Beth. Then life stepped in and changed my routine and, as has always been my way, I let it. Beth moved and my husband and I opened our own business. My morning was cut shorter and I had no cohort with which to hort and I stopped walking my 4 miles. I feel it. I miss it. I don't like it and I want to get back to it. I need to find a time that works. I'm usually a first thing in the morning kind of girl. But I might try a right after work approach. It's still light, not as cold and it just might work. If only I had a walking buddy. That would be the ticket. I'll have to try it on my own though. I simply can't slide down this slippery slope again. I'm still in the savable zone. Today would have been a good day to get my fanny in gear, but its a holiday with all the holiday trappings and I just didn't do it. But tomorrow, my younger kids go back to school, and my life will resume a more normal pace. Tomorrow I will walk. I think I'll make it a game and take my camera and see what I can see. I'll share photos here.

No comments: