Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hump Day

Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move,
my thoughts begin to flow.
~Henry David Thoreau
This is a crazy week. I have a friend coming to visit tomorrow. I haven't seen her for over 12 years. I'm beyond excited. I've also been beyond busy getting ready for her visit and then our trip together to a weekend retreat. I can hardly stand myself for the excitement. Surely all this vibrating is expending some calories every day. I have had to do the stairs every day lately. Major storm front and bone chilling temperatures with slick road conditions means no outside activity right now. That's ok. I'll cope. I have been making extremely good food choices. As of yesterday I had not had a speck of refined sugar since Jan. 1. Last night I decided to treat myself to one small, small scoop of ice cream. I love ice cream, but guess what? I didn't enjoy the scoop. I really didn't. Isn't that odd? I don't feel the need to eat the entire bucket. I'm quite pleased with that discovery. I was hoping that this weekend my friend and I could go cross coutry skiing or snowshoeing. We'll just have to play that by ear. She's coming from CA and not only is our artic chill going to be a trial for her system, but the altitude will surely do her in if we get very vigorous in our activities. I'm ok either way. I'm letting go. I've reached a place in my mind where I just do what feels right. I'm making as many smart choices as I can and letting the rest go.

No comments: